Aveeno Products by Johnson & Johnson
Every bride wants to look her best on her wedding day, taking care of your skin should be a daily routine, the condition of your skin is key to our well-being. Making sure you have a good diet also plays a part to how good your skin is though there will be a genetic factor as well.
When skin is in good condition it works hard to protect
our bodies from environmental stresses such as irritants, allergens
and microbes, it regulates temperature, looks and feels smooth, calm,
well hydrated and even. There are many factors both
internal and external that affect the condition of our skin which influences how it looks and feels.
For example, because of its compromised skin
barrier hypersensitive skin is more prone to irritation than
well-balanced skin. Some factors we cannot influence, but many we
can. Good thoughtful skincare can protect skin and keep it looking younger
I suffer from eczema and it can be quite painful at times, my face is hypersensitive and over the years I spent a fortune trying to find something that did not irritate my skin at times it became swollen, angry and painful it got so bad I even went to see someone who specialized in Chinese medicine the stuff he gave me to drink looked and tasted disgusting, but I kept with it and over all there was a big improvement however my asthma became a bit worse, he did advise me of this and to stick to a good diet, which involved cutting out red meat and generally anything that took long for my stomach to process, years later I am still careful about what I eat as the wrong thing can cause problems with my allergies.
Mostly my skin stays good these days my face can still flair up at times and I find if I am stressed out it also becomes problematic.
Despite many products stating they are for sensitive my skin on my face still played up, often it was uncomfortable and painful, after a long search I found Aveeno cream and it works really well, keeps my skin hydrated and my skin absorbs it well, you do not need a lot
It is suggested to use something like a E45 barrier cream but I found it just irritated my skin even more and .the cream felt like I was just coating my face with grease which made matters worse.
We are overloaded by the various choices for skin care and everyone’s skin reacts differently so it can be time-consuming finding the right cream to suit your skin and as we age caring for our skin will change.
Tips to help care for your skin
- Make sure you know your skin type and find products that is suitable
- Do you have fragile area’s such as around the eyes, you need to be gentle with these areas’s
- Use gentle cleansers, preferably alcohol free products if you can afford it go for natural products
- The eye area’s of our skin is 10 times finer than the rest of our skin so take care when cleaning off make up
- Use a good exfoliatant once or twice a week, look for pH balanced products do not be too harsh when applying it.
- Moisturize your skin daily, our dermis is made up of 70% water and the epidermis is 15%, it is important to apply twice a day, use a fine spray of spring water to remove any excess moisturizer
- Try using hypoallergenic products for your skin especially the face
- Always use a good sun screen and try to avoid the sun at the hottest part of the day, effects of the sun can cause premature aging amongst other things
- Cleanse your skin in the evening as well as the mornings this can help protect the skin from the everyday stresses and pollutants we come into contact with each day
- Do not forget those lips, fragile areas need a bit more care
On the lead up to a wedding usually the bride and her party often go for pampering sessions make sure this is not too close to your wedding day as sometimes you can have a reaction to the treatments or if your having a cleansing type of treatment you can have what they call a healing crisis.
What is a healing crisis ?
This is when your body has undergone a detox during this process the toxins are expelled from your body faster than normal, you can sometimes experience flu like symtoms, such as a headache, sore throat. It does settle down, however you do not want to feel unwell on your big day.
Stress can affect your skin
If you suffer from eczema as I do often stress can trigger a flare up so do not try a facial too close to your day either even if you do not have skin problems you could get spots as your body eliminates the toxins from your body. Also drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
My overall thoughts
I use Aveeno with active Colloidal Oatmeal for my face mainly and when my skin starts to feel dry on my body I will use it to prevent the eczema becoming a problem, as steroid creams should not be used long term.
They have a range of products for skin care and it is not overly expensive either, over the years I have wasted money on products that just did not suit my skin and some of them were quite expensive, if you decide to try new products see if you can get samples first this gives you a chance to try them out.
When testing out a new product always try a small area of skin to make sure it agrees with you, please do not try changes too near to your wedding.
This range of skin care products can be purchased at many retailers such as boots, prices vary so shop around, or check out Amazon sometimes they have offers.