We live in a world where everything seems to move at a fast pace and is constantly changing, the average bride would have spent around one year planning and arranging her wedding so it is no surprise when the day arrives they are suddenly hit with nerves and in some cases panic.
Here are some ways to keep calm and stress free on your day :
- Have a quiet evening the night before, relax in a bath with a few drops of lavender oil this can aid sleep and leave you feeling refreshed in the morning.
- Make sure you have everything ready the night before.
- Appoint someone you trust to be a point of contact should any problems arise at the reception.
- Try and get up a bit earlier to have a bit of quiet before the household are up and about, have a good breakfast a short walk or if you enjoy jogging have a leisurely jog.
- Leave yourself plenty of time to get ready.
- Once everyone else is on their way try and listen to some soothing music or your favorite tune.
- Avoid alcohol too early in the day, if you would like to have a drink limit to one glass in on the way to the church or venue.
- Choose a bridesmaid to help you with your dress and any personal help you may need.
- Keep hydrated and have some water on hand to drink especially if it is a hot day
- Try and not have too many people getting ready at your place, if your getting ready at a hotel just have someone to help you and let everyone else get ready in their own rooms and meet you shortly before they need to leave
- Once you arrive at the church or the wedding venue take a few mins to yourself , close your eyes and take a few deep breaths and think of somewhere relaxing.
Are you planning on having a detox ? or a massage on the lead up to your wedding day make it at least one week before the date so if there are any reactions you will have time to let it settle down.
If you are prone to sensitivity or have skin conditions please always check to make sure whatever products you use for skin care, make up and creams will not aggravate the condition.
Avoid skin exfoliation the night before as it can leave your skin looking red do it 72 hours beforehand this gives the skin time to settle down.
Have a trial run with your hairstyle, makeup and nails so your happy with your choices, if someone else is doing your hair,makeup and nails get them to show you in advance how you will look.
When your planning your wedding try and get everything organized and in order at least one week before your date, do not have your hen night too close too your wedding day either, after all you want to look your best on the day.
Knowing everything is in place one week before you start your journey into married life will give you time to unwind and relax, rather than rushing around and being exhausted and stressed on the day.
Are you a bride who already has children? then try and get someone to have them the night before your wedding if that cannot be arranged perhaps someone can stay the night and get them ready in the morning so you can get a bit of peace to get ready and chill out for an hour or so this can really make a difference to the start of the day.